The First Congregational Church Council has approved the resumption of weekly in-person worship services with online simulcasts, beginning on Pentecost Sunday, May 23rd. This policy will be evaluated on an ongoing basis by Council to ensure compliance with local government health advisories. The following procedures will be followed until further notice for in-person worship services.
1. Weekly in-person worship services will be held in the main sanctuary.
2. Preregistration will not be required to attend in-person worship.
3. COVID symptom screening on-site will not be used. Members should self-screen at home and attend online services if they have symptoms.
4. Masks should be worn by persons >5 years of age while inside the church.
5. Ushers will help seat attendees to promote social distancing.
6. The choir will be socially distanced.
7. No congregational singing for the time being.
8. Offerings can be placed in baskets located in the Tower Room and Narthex.
9. Contact the church office for updates about the availability of supervised childcare.
10. Children not in childcare should sit with their parents in the pews. Children can get activities from the Prayground and then return to the pews.
11. At the conclusion of worship, attendees should exit the sanctuary promptly to avoid prolonged, close contact.
12. Social hour following worship will be held without coffee or food on the Garth, weather permitting. Masks should be worn.
13. Online coffee hour will continue to be held.